Luxury Vinyl Plank flooring, also known as LVP, is a popular choice for homeowners that want the upscale look of hardwood without the maintenance hassles. But to keep vinyl flooring looking its best, you’ll need to be familiar with the proper cleaning techniques. There’s no question that LVP floors are durable and designed to last, but the right care ensures that they’ll stay in top-notch condition for years to come.
We’ve put together a simple, easy-to-follow guide to cleaning LVP flooring so you don’t have to think twice about your cleaning routine. And if you’re considering a professional touch for the best results, Steamatic of the Red River Valley is here to help.
A Step-by-Step Guide to Cleaning LVP Floors
Daily vacuuming (or sweeping) can be the best way to keep high-traffic areas as clean as possible, and immediately wiping up any spills is a must for preventing stains.
On a weekly basis, aim to do a thorough cleaning by following this process:
- Sweep or Vacuum: Begin by removing loose dirt and debris. A soft broom or a vacuum cleaner set to ‘hard floor’ mode is ideal. This prevents any abrasive particles from scratching your vinyl floors.
- Mix Up a Mild Cleaning Solution: Mix a few drops of dish soap (or distilled white vinegar) with warm water in a bucket. Ensure the solution is not too soapy. There are also specific commercial cleaning solutions for LVP flooring, but be sure to double-check the label to be sure that it’s safe for vinyl.
- Use a Damp Mop: Dip a soft microfiber mop into the solution, wring out the excess water, and gently mop the floor. It’s crucial to avoid excessive water as it can seep into the edges of the vinyl, causing damage.
- Rinse with Clean Water: Empty the bucket and refill it with clean, cold water. Rinse the mop and wring out the excess water. Wipe down the flooring to remove any soap residue.
- Dry the Floor: Using a clean, dry microfiber mop or towel, dry the floor thoroughly. This ensures no water spots or streaks are left behind and safeguards the floor from potential water damage.
Do’s and Don’ts for LVP Floor Care
Here are a few extra tips for caring for LVP floors like a true professional:
- Do use felt pads under furniture legs to prevent scratching.
- Do clean up spills immediately to prevent staining.
- Don’t use abrasive brushes or steel wool on vinyl floors.
- Don’t use wax-based cleaners or harsh chemicals, as they can dull the luxury vinyl plank’s finish.
Professional LVP Flooring Cleaning for Optimal Results
Using the basic steps for LVP cleaning, you can keep your floors in good condition. However, there’s something to be said about the touch of professionals – and the results are unmatched.
Whether you want the ease and convenience of a weekly cleaning service or prefer only an occasional visit for a deep clean or special event, Steamatic of the Red River Valley will exceed your expectations. We provide top-quality cleaning services for homes and apartments across Minnesota and North Dakota, prioritizing customer satisfaction above all. Our industry experts bring years of experience and training, ensuring your luxury vinyl plank floors – and your entire home – receive the highest level of care.
Keep your home beautifully clean and reclaim your time and freedom with our help. For more information about our flexible, affordable cleaning services in the Red River Valley, contact us today!
Image Credit: Nisa Pao / Shutterstock